I’ve had a much busier week than anticipated and definitely didn’t follow up with my goal of cooking more intricate / creative meals. Now that I am almost two weeks into Whole 30 I wanted to share some staple items that have helped me stay sane and able to make meals that are tasty and quick (you’ll also see some week two eats) I can get almost all items at Trader Joes, then I’ll go to Whole Foods.
- Coconut oil / coconut oil spray – ALWAYS check spray ingredients. Most are made with soy which is a Whole 30 no
- Olive oil
- Tessamae’s balsamic dressing
- Trader Joes 21 seasonings salute
- Trader joes almond butter (salted crunchy is my favorite)
- Trader Joes Organic Marinara (Check for NO added sugars)
- Coconut Aminos
- Ground turkey – I get mine from Trader Joes, great for lettuce wraps or meat sauce over zoodles or spaghetti squash
- Trader Joes chili lime chicken burgers – good for on the fly, quick meals
- Trader Joes all natural turkey burgers
- Trader Joes all natural boneless chicken breast
- Trader Joes Garlic Herb Chicken Sausage or Apple CHicken Sausage — great for a protein packed breakfast when you tire of eggs
- Avocados – ALWAYS make that dish extra special
- Spaghetti Squash – usually provides more than one meal
- Bags of spinach – good for salads, scrambled eggs, sauces, always a staple
- Bagged broccoli
- Sweet potatoes – roast, make an egg hash, or eat by itself topped with almond butter! (another fav)
- Cauliflower Rice – Personally, this isn’t my favorite but a lot of people love it
- La croix
- RX Bars – Can be found at Trader Joes or ordered online — Whole 30 compliant flavors are blueberry, apple cinnamon, chocolate coconut, coffee chocolate, chocolate sea salt, and blueberry (Fav)
- Epic Bars – not my personal favorites but they are compliant
- Lara Bars – I recommend RX over Lara as they have more protein but whole 30 compliant flavors are apple pie, banana bread, carrot cake, cashew cookie, cherry pie, chocolate coconut chew, coconut cream pie, key lime pie
- Nuts – be sure to read ingredients. Remember peanuts are not whole 30 compliant. I have made the mistake of buying mixed nuts cooked in peanut oil.
- Spiralizer: yes, some stores sell packaged spiraled noodles, but its far less expensive to spiralize your own noodles if you’re looking to save a few dollars. My personal favorite noodles are zoodles (zucchini noodles) – order from amazon
- Califia Farms unsweeted almond milk – found in most grocery stores (harris teeter, whole foods, publix)
- Nutpods almond/coconut milk creamer – order on amazon
I am not a costco member, but costco does have a lot of compliant meats and fruits! They also have a ton of organic veggies.
Hope this helps!!